Mulberry Leaf Health Benefits
- Mulberry Leaf Extract is 100% Caffeine Free & Tannin Free
- GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid) Assists to maintain healthy blood pressure levels
- 1-DNJ (1-Deoxinorjirimiycin) Supports healthy blood-sugar levels
- Phytosterol –Assists to reduce Cholesterol in the blood vessels
- Quercetin – Excellent for the liver; shown to assist in the prevention of liver cancer.
- Flavonoids – Powerful anti-oxidants
- Carotenoids – Assist to decrease the risk of eye disease and certain cancers
- Chlorophyll – Supports the heart, intestines, cleanses liver, & improves overall vascular health
- Vitamin A – For Healthy Eyes
- Vitamin B1 – For Skin &Muscle Tone, Immune and Nervous System function
- Vitamin B2 – For Digestive & Muscular Function
- Vitamin B6 – Assists nerve function, break down proteins, produces antibodies & hemoglobin
- Vitamin C – Antioxidant with increasingly diverse uses in health promotion & disease prevention
- Amino Acids – Providing Protein Building blocks essential to Healthy Living
- Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron & Zinc
Overwhelming scientific evidence from research conducted at top medical institutions in the United States, India, France, and throughout Asia, prove that the Mulberry Leaf is one of the most powerful natural herbal supplements, and it can no longer be ignored as a potent solution to many health issues.
One of the most comprehensive studies was a 5-year research project that conclusively determined Mulberry Leaves to have various preventive effects on adult diseases, weight management and improves overall wellness (See Research).
Some of the effects are:
- Reducing level of blood sugar
- Contributes to weight loss and management
- Suppressing hypertension
- Lowering cholesterol level in the body
- Strengthening body parts such as the liver and kidney
- Suppressing mutagenesis of carcinogens
- Strengthening bone mass
- Improving skin
- Improving ability for digesting and assimilation
- Enriching the blood and, in the process, soothing the nerves
- Helpful in treating constipation
- Helpful in preventing liver cancer through regular use
- Great good source with its high level of protein, vitamins A, C and B family of vitamins, nutrients, minerals and amino acids.
More into the properties of this wonderful natural gift, Mulberry Leaves contain GABA (Gamma amino butyric acid), a compound that can lower blood pressure and increase blood circulation while strengthening blood vessel membranes. It has Polyphenol, Isoquercitrin, and Astragalin, the natural bonding connection between the elements creates a powerful natural supplement to aid blood sugar control.
Studies show that Mulberry Leaves are caffeine free, contain 15% – 28% protein and are loaded with essential amino acids, depending on varieties. The leaves contain six times more calcium than green tea, 25 times more than milk and 40 times more than cabbage. With respect to iron it contains 2.5 times more than green tea and 10 times more than spinach. Mulberry Leaves are also high in mineral content, antioxidants and have no anti-nutritional factors or toxic compounds. Mulberry Leaf is full of Vitamin A, C, and B family of vitamins and is effective in regulating fat while boosting metabolism.
In addition, one of the most amazing characteristic that can only be found in the Mulberry Leaf is an ingredient known as moranoline (1-Deoxynojirimycin / 1-DNJ) which inhibits an enzyme in the intestinal tract (alpha-glycosidase) involved in the digestion of carbohydrates. Moranoline or 1-DNJ holds back complex carbohydrates, starches, maltose and sucrose from breaking down into glucose. In essence, it actually prevents sugar from entering into the bloodstream.
Scientists have pinpointed several biologically active compounds Mulberry Leaf Extract (Morus Alba) that is effective in suppressing the progression of atherosclerosis, the buildup of cholesterol-rich plaque in our arteries. It does this by inhibiting the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol which is a major factor in the development of atherosclerotic plaque. This health benefit proves to be most significant in supporting a healthy heart, which has become one of the leading health conditions in the world, falling under the umbrella of diabetes related health conditions.